Thursday, August 5, 2010

Black Bean Burgers


LISTEN UP, VEGANS!!! (we all know I'm certainly not a vegan). That aside, these black bean burgers ARE vegan...and trust me - one bite of these and you will not remember what a beef burger is! Even my Dad...my very GREEK, meat-loving Dad truly enjoys these.

I have to give credit where credit is due. I found this recipe on a fellow bloggers website. Check her out at http://www.thesingledish.com/

Ok, look at these and drool:


What You'll Need (for 8 patties):

2 small cans of black beans, drained and well rinsed

1 bell pepper of your choice

1 red onion

3 cloves of garlic

6+ TBSP flour (whatever kind you have)

4 TBSP good olive oil

2 TBSP cumin

1.5 tsp salt

1 tsp pepper

Optional toppings: Sliced tomatoes, arugula, fresh avocado, pepper jack cheese, etc.

How To Make:

1. Drain and rinse black beans well.


2. Use a food processor (or knife) to finely chop onions & peppers

3. Add onions and peppers in a large bowl along with the minced garlic, olive oil, flour, cumin, salt, and pepper. Take half of the black beans and mix in with these ingredients until they are smooshed and form a "paste" texture.

4. Then, add in the remainder of the whole beans and gently mix until everything is formed. If your mix is too wet, add more flour until you can easily make patties with your hands.

5. At this point, you can cover and refrigerate these until you want to cook. They can stay in the fridge for days!

6. When ready, you can either heat up a skillet with lots of olive oil OR broil them in the oven. REMEMBER: there are no raw ingredients so you're basically just cooking these for about 10 minutes, or until warmed all the way through.


Mmmm, seriously canNOT wait for you to try these!!!! Here is how I ate mine:

On top of a whole wheat wrap, with mini farm fresh tomatoes, slice avocado, romaine from my neighbors garden, and chipotle mayo. Just might be my new favorite meat-free meal!!

Have a great weekend, y'all !!! Make sure to message me after you make these and tell me how you liked it & if you made any yummy adjustments!

xoxo-C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!!