Monday, August 23, 2010

Down Home Cookin'

I haven't posted in a LONG time!!! I've missed you all. So along with my new job I have also revamped my Circadian Rhythm. I am now officially a "night shift" nurse! Yes, that's right. I work through the night, come home, and I'm supposed to sleep...unfortunately it doesn't work that well for me because during the day i CANT sleep!! I like to be productive. We shall see where this takes me...

Anyways, as shocking as it may seem, I am also the owner of a shiny, new, gym membership!!!! No, i'm not joking! Needless to say, tonight I went to Pilates and when I came home, the house was filled with some VERY comforting smells. While I was rolling around and clapping like a seal in pilates class, MommaDeLuxe was busy in the kitchen making a healthy version of some of my favorite southern foods. Are you ready??

Baked "Fried" Chicken, Oven-roasted Cauliflower, and whole wheat creamy mac n' cheese!!

Omg this was so delicious...the chicken was marinated in buttermilk for over 2 hours & served with chipotle mayo after being "fried". The cauliflower was baked with red pepper flakes and balsamic. Lastly, the mac n' cheese was so creamy and included both cheddar cheese and parmesano!!!


Do you honestly think I forgot about dessert?? NEVER!!!! My Mom's amaaazing homemade brown sugar & cinnamon apple tart. Not too sweet, not too tart, and just marvelous with a small scoop of Breyer's BUTTER PECAN ice cream. YES, that was my portion. I ate about 1/4 of the whole dessert...and I may or may not have snuck in the rest of my neice's chocolate soft serve with rainbow colored sprinkles. Oh come on!! It was in the freezer for the past 3 days and I'm SURE she has forgotten about it by now. Oops!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!!