Monday, July 19, 2010

30-min "make ahead" lunch


Today I woke up with a craving for eggs. This doesn't happen all too often because my cravings tend to be for sweet stuff. But as the day went on the eggs were still lurking in the back of my thoughts!! What's a girl to do?! Make egg salad of course!

First- Place 6 eggs in a deep saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil over a medium-hot stove top. ONCE the water boils, the eggs will be completely hard boiled in 7-8 minutes.

Second- While the eggs are boiling away, chop 1/4 red bell pepper & 2-3 stalks of celery. Place in a bowl along with 3 tbsp Mayo, 1 tbsp Dijon mustard, salt, pepper, and a few shakes of Cayenne pepper. Third- Once the eggs are finished boiling, rinse under cold water. This will make it easier to peel. Peel each egg, then chop thickly. You want your sandwich to have thick bits of egg, NOT puree.
Next, Combine eggs with the contents of the bowl. Gently mix with a wooden spoon. Cover, and refrigerate until you're ready to eat it!! I pre-made this today because tomorrow I start my NEW JOB!!! It's four days of classroom orientation before I hit the unit full force. I'm SO excited!! Nonetheless, I have four LONG days ahead of me and need something to keep me full. I have plans to put this egg salad in the center of a whole wheat tortilla, top it with fresh tomatoes & avocado slices, and eat it during my lunch hour.

Do you think the other new grads will mind if I stink up the classroom with the smell of eggsalad?! :) HAHAHA...

Have a wonderful Tuesday, everyone!! I'll be posting a great dinner idea when I get back tomorrow evening. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!!