Thursday, June 10, 2010

"Puttin' On The Ritz"

I love that song!! I'm pretty certain I did one of my very first tap dances to it as a little girl...besides the point. So as I was saying yesterday, one of our dearest family friends graciously invited 8 of us ladies to have a Girls Dinner Out at The Palm . I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. Generally speaking, I'm not the biggest fan of Merlot...but the one we had with lastnight was superb!


It's called 14 Hands. What I liked most is that it had a fruity,mocha-ey aftertaste to it...very light as opposed to the heaviness most Merlots leave me. Next up was the main course. Feast your eyes on this bad boy:
Yup...a WHOLE lobster...per person.

This was so delicious and buttery. I ordered mine with a side of sauteed asaparagus (in olive oil with whole cloves of garlic).

They were very fresh and still a bit crunchy-which is my preference. The staff at The Palms were very accomodating. Not only did they come around and get all the lobster meat out for each person; They also cleaned your hands for you after the meal using lemon juice and hot towels. Bliss. Pure bliss. To end the night, we all shared some decadent death-by-chocolate torte




as well as the most fresh carrot cake I've ever tasted. The spicy nutmeg, cinnamon, and cream cheese frosting reminded me so much of Autumn.
In the end, this meal would not have been as wonderful without the company of these lovely ladies. Good food always tastes better when shared with family & friends










No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!!