Thursday, June 24, 2010

What is it?!



What the heck is that?!?

A bean?
....nooooo

A pebble?
....Nahhhh

Well whatever it is, it's sitting pretty happily in my belly! Let me introduce you to my NEW favorite fruit...
the Champagne Mango.
This pretty little thing is SO delicious. My dear friend, Emily first introduced me to these at lunch during our cardiac rotation in nursing school. On the way home that evening, after being on the unit for more than 13 hours, I drove straight to the local Whole Foods and picked up a couple of these. They aren't like regular mangoes, which tend to have a more sour, chalky taste. These are extra juicy and perfectly sweet. One bite and I was hooked. I even got my 3-yr old nephew addicted! I don't know where you all live but at our local Costco they sell them in a pack of 6 for 5 bucks (a STEAL).

Do yourself a favor and try one of these next time you're at the grocery store. They are wonderful on their own or even added to some good Greek yogurt. Here is how I ate them today for an afternoon snack...
In a PINK bowl with some super sweet blueberries from Costco. This was perfect on such a stifling hot day.

Do you all like mangoes?! Leave me a message and tell me what's your favorite way to eat them. Check back late night tonight...BFdeluxe & I are cookin' up a great summertime meal for supper. Can't wait to share it with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me your thoughts!!